after looking at the DEMOS directory I decided to see what it would take to build that source in another separate project. here's what i wrote down along the way:
- Actually create a *.c file instead of a *.cpp file..because there are non MSVC C++ compiler 'features' exploited like init'ing structs without the full declarations.
- Change to an x64 build instead of x86 (you can find a way out of this but I don't need a 32 bit app anymore)
- Add the path to the include directories to the Vulkan SDK includes: C:\VulkanSDK\22.214.171.124\Include
- Change the character set to 'not set' because they didn't use unicode
- Add a library path: The library path needs to include the path that points to vulkan-1.lib, something like: C:\VulkanSDK\126.96.36.199\Lib
- Add the library to the library line: vulkan-1.lib
- Copy the set of -D flags from cube.c to the new workspace. I don't know/care exactly what the flags are right now, but mostly this sorts through the various Oss for WinMain vs. main for example.
- Copy cube_frag.spv and cube_vert.spv to the directory. I will look at the source for these shaders in the future, not right now. This is specifically for the DEMOs.