Monday, September 24, 2007

iBrickr

David P. pointed me to this app for your iPhone. I'm gonna try it out, hopefully tonight!

Use at your own risk – worked fine for me, but who knows if Apple/AT&T go psycho and nuke your phone for it eventually…

http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/IBrickr

iBrickr is the app to let you upload free ringtones, install custom apps, etc. The wiki I linked is one of the central iphone hacker resources for stuff like custom apps and other stuff for the iphone.

-David

3 comments:

Josh Bancroft said...

I've been running homebrew apps on my iPhone for a long time (I used AppTapp Installer for mac, which does the same thing as iBrickr). It's pretty fun, but there hasn't been anything tremendously useful. Yet.

Also, it seems that there's not much you can do to really "brick" an iPhone that a full restore from iTunes won't cure. That might change with the new 1.1.1 update that's coming, so if you jailbreak, be careful about installing the 1.1.1 update until the dev community knows what the deal is.

Have fun! :-)

Anonymous said...

Any pinhead who is stupid enough to buy first generation gadgetry deserves what he gets. Nonsense....

adam lake said...

Unfortunately, I never actually did get around to using iBrickr, a new update came out for the phone. I think i've decided to not go down this path, just hassle factors and practical concerns. I'm a bit lazy and would rather just get reliable updates, etc. to the phone.