Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Newport News and Matthews County, VA

After spending some the week in Boston I caught a flight down to Newport News to spend some time with Stacey, her family, and friends of the family. Met her grandmother for the first time and caught up with her parents. We spent the weekend in Matthew’s County and did some serious kayaking both evenings around sunset in the local rivers (no whitewater, sorry Stephen and Charles :). Good times, went by so fast though. Also got to explore some of the coffee shops in the Newport News and Williamsburg area. I learned that wireless access isn’t as prevelant in other parts of country as the Pacific Northwest. Hoping this all changes as WiMax rolls out. I hadn’t seen Stacey for about 4 weeks, so I was glad she remembered who I was when we me at the airport :)

No comments: